Harbormaster Marine Inc.
- Murray & Tregurtha, Inc. was founded in the greater Boston, Massachusetts area by Messrs. Murray and Tregurtha, who were engineers of Scottish descent. Company purpose was to manufacture steam powered marine propulsion systems.
- Company pioneered the design and building of gasoline marine propulsion engines that remained in production until 1937.
- At the request of the U.S. Navy, Murray & Tregurtha developed a self contained 360 degree steerable Marine Outboard Drive Propulsion System. During World War II, these units were used extensively by the U.S. military on self-propelled barges. Many of these units continue in service with worldwide commercial and military marine operators.
- Murray & Tregurtha became affiliated with Mathewson Machine Works, Quincy, Massachusetts.
- Murray & Tregurtha / Mathewson using the successfully developed outboard drive technology, designed and commenced to build heavy-duty, commercially acceptable Tunnel Thrusters, utilizing Kaplan type propellers.
- Harbormaster registered trademark was established by Murray & Tregurtha / Mathewson.
- Harbormaster designed and built the first through-hull 360 degree azimuth thrusters for tug boat applications.
- Harbormaster Marine, Inc., in Livonia, Michigan, acquired the assets of the Harbormaster Division of Mathewson Corporation.
This site is developed by Studio45.